Training & Technical Assistance Areas
The 2013 listing of FREE LGBT-HAP courses.
Below highlighted courses will open for registration July 2, 2013.
Space is limited, registration is required. Use this link LGBT-HAP online registration to register for the below highlighted courses only.
8/2/2013, Friday, 1-day, Working with LGBT Clients in Treatment & Recovery, (CASAC), Participants will explore the intersections of sexuality, HIV status, sexual identity, and addictions and explore and identify effective best practices working with LGBT people in treatment and recovery.
8/5/2013, Monday, 1-day, LGBT Overview & Practice Skills, (CASAC), Participants will increase awareness about sexual orientation, gender identity, and how personal biases impede care and identify how to develop an environment that is LGBT user effective.
8/9/2013, Friday, 1-day, Transgender -Effective Practice, (CASAC), Participants will gain insight into the transgender experience, explore personal values and beliefs, and develop skills to more effectively work with people from transgender communities..
8/14/2013, Wednesday, 1-day, Coming Out as a Straight Ally, (CASAC), Participants will define what it means to be a “straight ally,” and will identify some of the unique challenges faced by straight allies in their personal and professional lives. Participants will develop strategies to becoming more effective straight allies.
Use this link LGBT-HAP online registration to register.
To file an application for free technical assistance (TA) use this link How to Apply.
HAP training and technical assistance (TA) focuses on, and is not limited to the following areas:
- Effectively Assessing your Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Clients - 1 day training
- Working with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Adolescents - 1 day training
- Trans-Care Basics - 1 day training
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Issues in Treatment & Recovery - 1 day training
- The Transgender Experience: HIV & Substance Use - 1 day training
- MSM, Methamphetamines, and HIV - 2 day training
- Management training and development
- Program development
- Program evaluation
- Staff capacity building
- Community Advisory Board development
TA can include tailored on-site training deliveries.